Wellness or Healthy State Characteristics:
Wellness or healthy state is being in good physical and mental health. It is a lifelong process of becoming aware of choices, also taking decisions toward a balanced and fulfilling life. Healthy state has some characteristics that ensure ability to live life to fullest and to maximize personal potential in a variety of ways. It places responsibility on the individual and also becomes a fact of self-judgment and self-assessment.
What is Wellness or Healthy State?
Wellness or healthy state is a state of involving the full integration of physical, mental and spiritual well- being. It can be thought of dynamic balance among the physical, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of a person’s life. Healthy state behaviors promote healthy functioning and also help to prevent illness.
Characteristics of Wellness or Healthy State:
There are some important characteristics of healthy state which are pointed out in the below:
- Ability to relate and connect with other people in the society.
- Ability to understand others and cope with the challenges life can bring.
- Ability to establish peace and harmony in life.
- Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
- Ability to make a positive impact the quality of surrounding environments.
- Ability to share new ideas or thoughts and experiences which can be applied to personal decision, group interaction and community betterment.
- Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills.
- Ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress.
- Ability to avoid destructive habits (tobacco, drugs, alcohol, etc) will lead to optimal physical wellness).
- The ability to take care of basic needs.
- Having active participation in family roles.
- Having emotional well-being.
- Having spiritual connectedness and expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life.
- Having personal individuation.
- Having personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work.
- Having good health by occupying pleasant environments which supports well-being.