Typhoid Fever Symptoms, Clinical Features and Complications
What is Typhoid Fever or Enteric Fever?
Sign and Symptoms of Typhoid Fever:
All the sign and symptoms of typhoid fever have listed below:
- Fever as high as 104 degrees Fahrenheit temperature,
- Onset may be insidious,
- Cough & epistaxis (nosebleed),
- Malaise with increasing headache, drowsiness & aches,
- Constipation succeeded by diarrhea & abdominal pain,
- Rose-red spot,
- Constipation may be present.
Some key clinical features of paratyphoid fever have presented in the following:
- The rash may be more abundant.
- The intestinal complications are less frequent.
- The course tends to be milder and shorter than that type of typhoid fever.
Enteric fever is spread in the following way:
- Direct fecal-oral spreading or transmission,
- By consumption of contaminated food or water,
- Spread by an infected person that contains bacteria,
- Spread through poor hygiene,
- Spreading also occurs through eating raw fruits, vegetables, fertilized by human excreta.
All the complications of typhoid fever have listed below:
- Intestinal perforation,
- Intestinal hemorrhage,
- Urinary retention,
Typhoid fever or enteric fever is caused by Salmonella enteric serotype typhoid bacteria. This type of fever is contracted by the ingestion or diet of contaminated food or water. Diagnosis of typhoid fever is made when Salmonella bacteria are detected with urine, stool, urine, blood cultures. Typhoid fever is treated with antibiotics. Some common symptoms of typhoid fever symptoms are headaches, poor appetite, generalized aches and pains, fever, and lethargy. About 3 to 5 percentages of patients become carriers of the bacteria after the severe sickness.
More questions related to this article:
- What do you mean by typhoid fever?
- Define typhoid fever.
- What is mean by typhoid fever?
- What are the common symptoms of typhoid fever?
- Mention some signs and symptoms of paratyphoid fever.
- What are the major clinical features of typhoid fever?
- What are the clinical features of typhoid fever?
- What are the clinical features of paratyphoid fever?
- What are the common complications of typhoid fever?
- What are the common signs and symptoms of typhoid fever?
- What are the major causes of typhoid fever?
- What are the common causes of typhoid fever?
Maria Khatun Mona is a Founder and Editor of Nursing Exercise Blog. She is a Nursing and Midwifery Expert. Currently she is working as a Registered Nurse at Evercare Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh. She has great passion in writing different articles on Nursing and Midwifery. Mail her at “[email protected]”